Director, Clinical Contracts and Finance
Director, Clinical Contracts and Finance
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
This is a senior leader level role and the position will require an ability to perform leadership and management duties of a talented team of 30+ individuals, based in the United States, United Kingdom, Japan and Taiwan in order to proactively maximize value, efficiency and innovation across Gilead in the areas of:
(1) Study start-up: clinical site contracts phase I-III
(2) Clinical Pricing: phases I-IV budget development
(3) Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) & Collaborative contracting.
Ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in managing and developing multiple direct reports in a large high performing team, including people managers, in order to maximize their capability and further their development while maximizing their contribution towards operational delivery. The candidate will also have a track record of working collaboratively within a matrix environment with other cross functional groups to proactively foster and ensure continuous improvement and operational excellence.
Clinical Contract & Finance's (CCF) primary function is to develop effective contractual agreements, forecast & actively manage financial obligations, and cultivate operationally excellent vendor relationships to advance Clinical Development activities Phase I-IV, including the functional areas of Clinical Operations, Biometrics, Regulatory, Pharmacology, Project Management Operations, Pharmacovigilance and Epidemiology.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Leads the Clinical Contracts & Finance global functional areas of study start-up, clinical contracting, clinical pricing and ISR & Collaborative contracting, including a talented global team of 30+ individuals in support of CCF department head for Clinical Operations and ancillary Clinical Development groups
• Proven ability to effectively manage & develop people managers and high performing teams is required
• Provides leadership and study start-up expertise for the successful support of management of international clinical trials (Phase I-IV) across multiple indications
• Ability to initiate and lead departmental or cross functional strategic initiatives
• Proactively drive organizational strategy development & substantive process improvement
• Lead implementation of organizational change management and lifecycle management of the CCF functional areas to deliver continuous improvement to stakeholders
• Responsible for oversight and contribution to strategic direction for CCF functional areas and implementation of initiatives across a number of projects to ensure clinical programs are consistently conducted, in accordance with CCF functional best practices, to meet project milestones and budgets through close partnership with internal/external parties (i.e. Legal, Finance, Clinical Operations, Business Conduct, etc.), while balancing Gilead's both short and long term interests
• Demonstrated excellence in complex project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities is required
• Proven ability to effectively communicate functional and organizational concepts to internal and external stakeholders
• Initiates continuous improvement efforts in reviewing and identifying best work practices among CCF functional areas and proactively collaborate with other CCF functions while enforcing standardization and implementation of best practices among internal/external teams
• Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently to determine appropriate resources for resolution of complex problems
• Contributes to global harmonization and cooperation of the CCF group across sites
• Collaborate in the management of requisite vendor relationships and may work with Clinical Operations to resolve vendor performance issues related to functional area
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Requires extensive prior experience in personnel management and development
• Travel may be required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• 12+ years of experience with a BA/BS in a relevant discipline
• 10+ years of experience with a MS/MBA/JD in a relevant discipline
• MBA preferred
To apply, click here: http://apptrkr.com/1277478