Business Performance Director - Global Commercial Operations
Amgen is seeking a Business Performance Director at our corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California. The Director will report to the Executive Director and Head of GCO (Global Commercial Operations) Transformation.
The GCO Functional Transformation Office is focused on developing new growth capabilities and driving productivity throughout the organization. This role will have direct interface with and support of one or more senior executives.
The Director will lead or provide liaison support for components of functional change initiative(s), drive improvement opportunities through the use of Amgen Full Potential (AFP) process and toolkit, develop and drive adoption of new critical capabilities, develop approaches to improve productivity and implement comprehensive change strategies to transform the organization and enable it to adapt to business challenges.
Successful candidates will spend ~18-30 months working on a portfolio of initiatives before transitioning into global or regional commercial leadership roles (e.g., sales and marketing, value and access, digital, innovation, etc.).
Key Responsibilities of the Business Performance Director will include:
- Leads Amgen's Full Potential (AFP) Transformation Capability, Tool Support, Coaching and Application by developing strong skills in application and facilitation of AFP methodology and tools
- Drives innovative transformational thinking, ensuring fair process, escalating issues, and delivering high quality deliverables
- Provides cross-functional initiative support and works with teams to solve business problems
- Provides valuation and validation via business case support for teams to value ideas, options and investments (validation of results realized, methodology used, and long-term sustainability of improvements)
- Supports idea generation in functions to ensure a pipeline of ongoing projects and pending ideas to align with short- and long-term goals
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or Management Consulting experience
Master's degree and 8 years of Marketing and/or Management Consulting experience
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or Management Consulting experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Strong background in biopharma commercial operating roles (e.g., global marketing lead, commercial strategy, brand management) and change management
- 10 years of biotech / pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in a strategic regional or global function
- Demonstrated record of strong commercialization planning and execution
- Experience in one or more of Amgen's core TA's: oncology, cardiovascular, bone health, inflammation/immunology, neuroscience, nephrology
- Experience in traditional and innovative marketing strategies / tactics
- Scientific study/degree (e.g. biology) or proven learning agility with respect to scientific concepts
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.