Scientist, Assay Integration
DNA Electronics (DNAe) is a dynamic young company integrating cutting edge silicon technologies with novel biochemical techniques. We are seeking a strong individual to join the Assay Integration team. The right candidate will be self-starting and detail-oriented with experience integrating complex technologies into consumables and platforms.
- Contribute towards the optimization of assay protocols and experimental procedures
- Develop, document, validate and execute experimental protocols and methods
- Participate in statistical analysis of raw data and generate data reports
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to laboratory personnel as needed
- Write and review standard operating procedures, validation plans, and reports
- Delivery of performance required for end-to-end product automation
- Interface with molecular, immunology, and engineering development teams to establish deliverable requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, related discipline, or working equivalent is required.
- Five + years’ experience in medical device development, with a successful track record in assay, platform, and/or product development.
- Experience in development and characterization of micro and macro fluidics within plastic molded disposable parts
- Experience in system integration including hardware, software, chemistry, and other
- Experience transferring product from R&D to manufacturing.
- Experience with sample prep and nucleic acid extraction techniques for recovery of rare targets from complex biological matrices.
- Experience integrating assays onto platform.
- Experience working with whole blood and BSLII lab workflows.
- Experience with PCR, qPCR, and other nucleic acid quantification systems. Experience in development and characterization of nucleic acids using printed circuit boards a plus.
- New product development and design control experience.
- Experience with analytical method development, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with statistical analysis and treatment of raw assay data. JMP experience a plus
- Experience with GLP, GMP and working under IVD and QSR requirements is necessary.
- Write, read, and interpret technical and scientific reports and correspondence.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information is available.
- Develop, communicate, and interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understand company goals and translate them into operational plans.
DNA Electronics’ scientists and engineers enjoy and thrive on working in an interdisciplinary team, but can also work independently and use their own initiative. The ideal candidate also likes to contribute to solving problems outside their field of immediate expertise and is an effective communicator.