At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
We are looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist who can develop, maintain, and evolve novel next generation sequence analysis software and pipelines with a focus on run assessment, data quality, knowledge integration, data interpretation, hypothesis generation and testing, as well as common sequence alignment algorithms/tools and NGS applications. Demonstrable experience using data mining and analysis tools to identify dominant patterns in next generation sequence datasets to diagnose instrument performance. If these challenges seem exciting and you fit the requirement outlined below - please apply!
- Play a key role in developing comprehensive bioinformatic analysis solutions for the Genapsys NGS data
- Perform detailed bioinformatics analysis including reference genome alignment, targeted sequencing, mapping, annotation and variant calling using a variety of data sets generated by the Genius platform as well as other NGS systems
- Analyze sequencing datasets to assess quality of experimental data and provide feedback to signal processing and algorithm teams for further improvement
- Monitor data integrity and quality and alert team members when inconsistencies arise and help troubleshoot the problem
- Actively participate in the ongoing development of the Genapsys sequencing technology.
- PhD or MS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computational Biology, Electrical Engineering/Signal processing or a related field with > 5 years’ experience
- Hands-on experience with bioinformatics methods appropriate for NGS applications (targeted sequencing, RNASeq, CHiPSeq, and de novo genome assembly)
- Hands-on experience with genome alignment, mapping, variant calling and annotation (e.g. BWA, Bowtie, STAR, GATK, samtools, bcftools)
- Deep understanding of next generation sequence sequencing methods, quality scores and their interpretation
- Experience with open source bioinformatics and genome analysis tools (e.g. samtools, bedtools)
- Experience designing and developing research and/ or production grade bioinformatics pipeline solutions for NGS applications
- Solid experience in Python, and demonstrated experience in other programming/scripting languages: R, Bash
- Ability to work collaboratively with primary analysis team, software developers, and the pipeline team
- Prior experience in a NGS company or NGS research lab is a plus
- Prior experience in developing NGS pipelines is a plus
- Ability to apply advanced statistical methods, machine learning, data science to molecular biology
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Genapsys.