Scientist/Sr. Scientist - Biology
We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist to play a key role in driving ORIC’s target ID and functional genomics efforts. The successful candidate will be a strategic member of a fast-paced and interactive research group contributing to the identification and validation of novel oncology targets involved in therapeutic resistance.
The position reports to the Head of Biology and collaborates extensively with members of the Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology team.
The Scientist will develop and utilize relevant cell-based and in vivo cancer models of drug resistance for functional genomics screening and hit validation. This role will also contribute to drug discovery efforts by providing cancer and cell biology expertise to support the development of cell based assays and PD biomarkers.
- Perform day-to-day laboratory bench work and present scientific findings/results
- Independently design, execute and troubleshoot experiments
- Work closely with bioinformatics scientists/contractors to analyze NGS data sets
- Read and adapt scientific literature to drive in depth hit validation efforts
- May lead or train Research Associates
A self-motivated candidate with a PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cancer Biology, or a related discipline with relevant post-doctoral research experience. Industry experience is desired.
- Deep understanding of cancer biology and cancer signaling
- Strong background in functional genomics (including CRISPR, shRNA and cDNA library use)
- Possesses core cell and molecular biology skills including nucleic acid purification, DNA/RNA transfection/transduction (Lentivirus, nucleofection, Retrovirus, etc.)
- Experience with viral vector development/use
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in generating experimental hypothesis, designing complex experiments, carrying out data acquisition, analysis, storage and interpretation.
- Ability to solve/troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong organization, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment while delivering high quality work
About ORIC Pharmaceuticals:
ORIC Pharmaceuticals is a privately held oncology company focused on making cancer treatments more effective by addressing mechanisms of resistance. ORIC was founded by Drs. Charles Sawyers MD and Scott Lowe PhD, who have strong records of discovering innovative treatments and targets in cancer. The company has assembled strong leadership and scientific teams and a board with extensive experience in drug development and financing. ORIC is funded by leading biotechnology investors, including The Column Group, Topspin Partners, OrbiMed Advisors, EcoR1 Capital, Fidelity Management & Research Company, Trinitas Capital, Foresite Capital, Taiho Ventures, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Kravis Investment Partners and NS Investment. ORIC is headquartered in South San Francisco, California.