Principal Scientist, Bioassay Development
Eurofins DiscoverX is seeking an experienced scientist to drive the development and qualification of custom bioassays for our clients while emphasizing continuous improvement in the quality of our bioassay products. The successful candidate will play a critical role in addressing client needs, refining and following an established workflow for bioassay method development and qualification, and facilitating rigorous documentation and transfer of methods to internal and external clients.
Principal Scientist: Bioassay Development responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical oversight and troubleshooting expertise to support method development and qualification for bioassays to be utilized for potency / lot release or neutralizing antibody (NAb) applications
- Implement design of experiment (DoE) approaches in bioassay development and qualification process to understand performance characteristics and improve robustness of DiscoverX bioassays
- Perform method development, optimization, and phase-appropriate qualification of new bioassays consistently, meeting defined project timelines and producing high quality data and reports
- Document and transfer critical manufacturing information for ready-to-use cells to Cell Manufacturing team
- Serve as liaison between R&D, Cell Manufacturing, customer support and marketing teams to ensure successful implementation of DiscoverX bioassays at customer sites
- Prepare and collaborate with QA and marketing in finalizing all appropriate documentation (SOPs, user manuals, qualification protocols or client reports) to support product launch or transfer of assays / methods to clients
- Participate in phone calls with new clients to establish project requirements and deliverables
- Manage client projects and deadlines by interacting with internal teams to provide deliverables in a timely fashion
- Prepare for and lead method transfer phone calls with clients, and train employees at client sites to transfer methods, as needed
- Prepare data and scientific content for presentations, posters, webinars, manuscripts, white papers, or other relevant company materials
- Give client-facing scientific presentations at conferences or client sites, as needed
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timelines
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience in culturing mammalian cells is preferred.
- Experience with performing cell based or ELISA assays preferable.
- Must be detail oriented and consistent in experimental approach.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, efficient and able to multitask.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- MS/Ph.D. or equivalent experience in cell biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial experience in bioassay development, or method qualification/validation
- The qualified candidate will have a proven track record in method development, qualification, validation and transfer for bioassays utilized in lot release and stability testing
- Experience with PLA, Softmax Pro, JMP or a related software package for parallel line analysis is essential
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills are essential, with ability to adapt effectively to rapidly changing organization structures and dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to learn new techniques, solve practical problems and troubleshoot assays
- Must be team-oriented with a demonstrated track record working in a collaborative environment
- Highly motivated individual with a positive attitude and genuine interest in the drug discovery and developmental process and impact to patient health
- Must be willing and able to travel to customer sites as needed (~20% time)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins DiscoverX, please visit our website at www.discoverx.com
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.