Project Manager - Oncology
The Project Manager (PM), based out of our global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA supports the cross-functional drug development and commercialization activities of pipeline or inline products at Amgen. The PM will be report into the Director of Global Program Management.
The Project Manager serves as a strategic partner to leaders of the Product Teams in the execution of the strategic vision of the program. Strategy execution occurs via three cross-functional sub-teams called Work Package Teams (WPTs). The WPTs include 1) Evidence Generation Teams (EGTs) that are focused on clinical development activities 2) Product Delivery Teams (PDTs) that are focused on operations/manufacturing activities 3) Insights & Brand Platform Teams (IBPTs) that are focused on global marketing, pricing, access, and reimbursement activities.
The Project Manager drives the development and execution of high quality, global, integrated cross-functional project plans for one or more products in support of the overall program strategy for assigned WPT within the Commercialization framework.
The Project Manager is specifically responsible for:
- Applies project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects
- Supports scenario planning and program budget planning at WPT level as well as program work-streams (including filings) with Senior Project Manager (SPM) oversight
- Supports development and maintenance of work-stream project plans and develops WPT communication plans
- Supports partnership effectiveness at WPT level as well as development of WPT budgets
- Drives execution of marketing application submissions and advisory committee preparation and ensures adherence to governance processes
- Effectively applies the decision-making framework (DAI) and engages organizational expertise in plan development
- Assists in developing commercialization deliverables as well as WPT/work-stream meeting management (set agendas, create minutes, maintain decision logs)
- Enables effective team dynamics and develops and shares best practices
Master's degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
- 2 years' experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related fields specially within drug development including basic understanding of the biopharmaceutical environment, the drug development process, functional interdependencies, and of the external industry landscape
- Program and project management skills including development of integrated cross-functional project plans, basic strategic planning and execution within cross-functional teams, and critical thinking - ability to identify cross-functional team risks, gaps and problem solve
- 1 year experience in decision making, effective issue resolution, meeting management (agendas, minutes, decision logs, meeting facilitation)
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Emotional intelligence skills including navigating within a matrix environment, leading cross-functional teams
- 1 year of experience in a drug development Project Management role
- Drug development knowledge with awareness of key functions that may include Research, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory
- Experience using Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.