Research Associate III/Sr. Research Associate
As a leader in muscle biology research, we are dedicated to our mission of improving the lives of people confronting devastating diseases of impaired muscle function. We view our employees as the unequivocal ingredients to success. Each and every employee is an integral member of the Cytokinetics team, contributing to our shared goal of improving the lives of people with debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. While expectations of our employees are high, there is an equal commitment to ensuring that contributions are recognized and rewarded. We seek exceptional individuals to join us in our mission to develop the next generation of novel small molecule drugs specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility.
We seek a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our Discovery Biology group.
- This individual will play a key role in assessing biochemical and/or cellular activity, as well as specificity and mechanism of action of candidate compounds
- The candidate will also be involved in designing, optimizing, and implementing a wide-range of biochemical and cell-based assays
- As a member of a multidisciplinary team, this person will work closely with team members to identify, characterize and advance compounds through research and preclinical development
- The position requires a BS/MS in biochemistry, cell biology or related field with a minimum of 5 years of research experience in a pharmaceutical, or biotechnology setting
- Prior experience with independent execution of biochemical and/or cellular assays in support of lead optimization, including data analysis and reporting, is essential
- Experience should also include various enzymatic assay formats and/or cell-based assays
- Excellent skills in experimental design, data analysis, troubleshooting, use of microtiter plate readers, liquid handling devices, as well as an ability to effectively consult the primary scientific literature are required
- The successful candidate has outstanding attention to detail, is a team player, enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary environment, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- He/she will be a self-starter and highly flexible with a willingness to learn new techniques and adapt to shifting priorities
- The ideal candidate will also have substantial experience with one or several of the following areas: biochemical and cell assay technologies, high throughput screening, culturing and assaying of primary (neuronal or muscle) cells, stable cell line production, protein expression, purification, and characterization. The successful candidate will possess excellent computer skills, including experience with technical software packages and databases
Our passion is anchored in rigorous and diligent scientific and clinical approaches to the discovery and development of novel mechanism therapeutics. With gratitude for the commitments and convictions of our employees who are inspired by the courage of patients we aim to serve, we believe Cytokinetics will continue to be a pioneering, values-driven, sustainable, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company.
Please visit our website at: www.cytokinetics.com
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer