Research Associate III/Sr. Research Associate -HTS/Discovery Biology
As a leader in muscle biology research, we are dedicated to our mission of improving the lives of people confronting devastating diseases of impaired muscle function. We view our employees as the unequivocal ingredients to success. Each and every employee is an integral member of the Cytokinetics team, contributing to our shared goal of improving the lives of people with debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. While expectations of our employees are high, there is an equal commitment to ensuring that contributions are recognized and rewarded. We seek exceptional individuals to join us in our mission to develop the next generation of novel small molecule drugs specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility.
We seek a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our HTS/Discovery Biology group.
- This individual will play a key role in supporting skeletal and cardiac muscle programs by running high-throughput biochemical and/or cellular assays for hit identification and lead optimization, as well as mechanism of action studies, and will work closely with cross functional teams.
- The candidate will use data analysis software to analyze large datasets, generate integrated data analysis reports, and provide results to stakeholders in a timely manner through written and verbal presentations. This individual will work closely with our engineering team to optimize and troubleshoot automation workflow processes.
- The candidate will also be involved in designing, optimizing, and executing a wide-range of additional biochemical and cell-based assays to support our preclinical research programs.
- The position requires a BS/MS in biochemistry, cell biology or related field with a minimum of 5 years of research experience in a pharmaceutical, or biotechnology setting
- Prior experience in biochemical and/or cell based assay development, execution including data analysis and reporting, is required
- Familiarity with automation systems, liquid handling devices and experience with data analysis and visualization software Spotfire including Excel, GraphPad is preferred
- Experience with cell culture, fluorescent microscopy, high content imaging and integration with image analysis software is desirable
- Multitasking ability, strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and flexibility are required
- Enthusiasm for working in a team-based, multi-disciplinary environment, paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills, is required
Our passion is anchored in rigorous and diligent scientific and clinical approaches to the discovery and development of novel mechanism therapeutics. With gratitude for the commitments and convictions of our employees who are inspired by the courage of patients we aim to serve, we believe Cytokinetics will continue to be a pioneering, values-driven, sustainable, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company.
Please visit our website at: www.cytokinetics.com
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer