Research & Development Associate
This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s goals and objectives as it relates to research and development.
This position will support the design and development of human allograft based tissue products and medical devices while ensuring compliance with Aziyo’s Quality and Regulatory standards. The successful candidate will support development, optimization and qualification of a broad range of bioassays. This individual will be expected to carry out biological characterization and testing of biomedical products through generating/culturing cell lines, developing cell-based assays and other experimental methods.
This position reports to Scientist II.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs efficacy and characterization studies of biologic products in accordance with industry standards.
• Supports prototype and pilot production of new products, product changes, and enhancements in coordination with Aziyo’s Manufacturing and Quality Control systems.
• Works within the product development team to ensure that products under development are optimal for manufacture and to resolve manufacturing issues.
• Contributes to writing research protocols, technical reports and Standard Operating Procedures
• Maintains accurate and timely records of design and development activities in accordance with written procedures.
• Complies with Aziyo’s Quality Systems.
• Interacts with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance and other relevant divisions in the development of allograft products.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in biological sciences, bioengineering or related field from an accredited college or university
Experience and Skills
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in biomedical and/or biomedical engineering or related experience required.
• Experience with cell-based bioassays
• The appropriate candidate should have biology and/or biochemistry background, experience with mammalian cell culture, cell engineering, and good hands-on skills. Familiarity with bioanalytical instrumentations, strong computer skills, data process and other scientific analysis skills are preferred.
• Effective written, communication, and presentation skills.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Aziyo offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, which include:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and 401k with employer matching program.
Aziyo Biologics is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity in our workforce.