Sr. Product Manager/Product Manager, Ophthalmology Marketing
We are a growing and dynamic organization seeking a Sr. Product Manager/Product Manager, Ophthalmology Marketing to join our Marketing organization. In this position, you will be supporting all aspects of the US marketing mix for an innovative ophthalmic drug for use in cataract surgery, working closely with leadership within Commercial Operations, Sales, Field Market Access, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Finance, CMC, and Legal.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Marketing Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company’s drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington’s disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a number of which are in preclinical development. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform
What are your job responsibilities?
Your responsibilities in this position will include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of the US marketing plan by managing designated activities
- Leading development of marketing materials for the sales force, including new campaign development
- Collaborating with Sales management and Medical Affairs to understand customer needs and developing solutions to address such needs
- Creating selling strategies and promotional materials including managing advertising and production agencies on a day-to-day basis, managing the deployment of non-personal advertising and facilitating field sales training on marketing materials
- Working with the field organization to organize and conduct national and local POA meetings; development and management of selling cycle process
- Managing primary and secondary market research projects, including defining project objectives, selection and coordination of vendors and resources, creation of research instruments, conduct of analytics, and development of learnings and subsequent recommendations
- Supporting key logistical activities, notably those related to the Promotional Review Committee (PRC) and promotional materials fulfillment
- Diagnosing critical issues that impact the success of promotional marketing efforts and develop creative solutions to continuously improve their effectiveness
What education and experience do you need?
- You will need a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Life Sciences; an MBA is preferred
- 3+ years of impactful biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry commercial experience
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or market research
Additional desired experience we are seeking includes the following:
- Supplemental experience in field sales or advertising
- Experience and familiarity with ophthalmology pharmaceutical or device products
- Experience and familiarity with “buy-and-bill” or medical benefit products
What knowledge and skills does our ideal candidate have?
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, and subordinates
- An extraordinary work ethic and drive for success, including the desire to take personal responsibility
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills required
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills are a must
Other things you’ll need to know:
You will also be required to travel overnight 5 to 10 days per month, on average, including some weekends.
If you have the experience, skills and knowledge we are seeking, we’d love to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity for the right person!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.