We are seeking a senior Research Associate to join Adanate, an immune-oncology program based within COI Pharmaceuticals Inc. The research program is dedicated to developing therapeutics that enhance the body’s ability to recognize and destroy tumor cells.
The candidate will be expected to actively participate in the experimental design and execution of programs to support research and pre-clinical development of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies. In this role you will apply understanding of human immune system function to develop cell based and functional assays that support the characterization, identification and development of functional antibodies consistent with Adanate program goals.
The applicant must have experience handling primary human PBMCs, cell subset isolation, and a working knowledge of immunologic assays including T cell proliferation, NK-cell assays, cytotoxicity assays and flow cytometry. Applicant will also have in vitro and in vivo experience using tumor cell lines, ideally in an immune-oncology tumor setting.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in immunology, molecular biology or a related field with minimum 5 years laboratory research experience in an Academic and/or Biotech setting
Techniques and skills required:
• Human immune cell isolation
• Flow cytometry
• Tissue-culture and cell transfection
• Protein expression, purification, and functional characterization (protein chromatography, SDS-PAGE, western blot, etc.)
• Molecular biology techniques (DNA cloning, Nucleic acid isolation, RT-PCR, etc.)
• Experience in monoclonal antibody, hybridoma generation, recombinant antibody production is desirable
• Experience with in vivo tumor characterization is desirable
• Attention to detail, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic research environment
• Excellent record keeping and communication skills
• Capable to work both independently and in a team environment