Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative Vector Biology team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. This new Research Associate will join our group to develop and evaluate novel gene therapies for oncology and severe genetic disease.
- Independently perform routine protocols for NGS RNAseq
- Performing gene expression analysis using real time PCR
- Expand gene expression assay and analysis capabilities (nanostring, IPA)
- RNA sample preparation, including (but not limited to): RNA isolation, library preparation, quantification and QC.
- Creating and organizing novel workflows
- BS/MS in molecular biology or related discipline with 1-3+ years' experience in a relevant field
- A strong background in RNA Biology, and RNAseq methodology is strongly preferred
- Must be technically competent in NGS RNAseq protocols, including the KAPA Biosystems HyperPrep kit.
- Experience with NGS library prep.
- Experience with operating DNA sequencing using Illumina sequencing instruments.
- Familiarity with lab automation (QIAcube and QIAcubeHT)
- Experience writing protocols and maintaining a detailed laboratory notebook
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself