Senior Associate Process Development
Amgen is seeking a Senior Associate Process Development at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to join the Process Development Cellular Sciences group and will mainly focus on the development of our lentiviral production process, including cell line assessment, transfection optimization and bioreactor scale up. The Senior Associate will report to the Process Development Sr Scientist and will assist with downstream virus purification efforts and T cell culture and characterization.
Process Development Cellular Sciences group aims to establish end-to-end CAR T capabilities, including large scale lentivirus production.
Key Activities for the Sr Associate Process Development include:
- Conduct experiments and maintain detailed records of procedure and results
- Maintain suspension cell culture and bioreactor scale up
- Support virus production and purification efforts
- Assist with T cell bioprocessing and immunophenotyping
- Attend group meetings and present results
- Work as a team in a collaborative environment
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Process Development experience
- Experience with large scale culture conditions, particularly bioreactors for suspension cells
- Experience with lentivirus production
- Knowledge of cellular therapy and the current CAR T manufacturing process
- Experience in culturing PBMCs, human T cells and mammalian cell lines
- Experience with immunophenotyping using flow cytometry
- Experience with lentiviral transduction
- Excellent record keeping and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and in a collaborative environment with other members of the group
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.