Eurofins DiscoverX is searching for a Senior Scientist to join our team in Fremont, CA.
The Senior Scientist provides support for high value commercial research services using Eurofins DiscoverX PathHunter platform and other proprietary technologies.
Senior Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Optimization of assays to obtain robust performance in screening applications
- Validation of cell based assays for profiling and screening projects
- Generation of reference data for qualification of assays
- Routine testing of customer compounds
- Instrument protocol optimization and validation
- Daily laboratory notebook entry
- Daily database documentation entry
- Provide guidance and support of the various platforms offered to other scientists
- Project report generation and review
- Monthly Inventory report generation
- Participation in and presentation at group laboratory meetings
- Perform other duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Expertise in GPCR based signaling assays strongly desired (i.e. GPCR cAMP and Ca2+ Second messenger assays)
- Experience with lab automation strongly desired (liquid handlers/plate readers, robotics)
- Experience with database-based analysis software preferred (Activity Base /Spotfire)
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Cell Biology or Biochemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
- 5 years relevant experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins DiscoverX, please visit our website at www.discoverx.com
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.