Research Associate, Analytical Development
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a Research Associate to join our Analytical Development group to provide analytical support and assist in method development activities of Sutro developed antibodies.
- Assist in the development, qualification and transfer of analytical assays for monoclonal antibodies and antibody drug conjugates using state-of-the-art chromatographic (SEC-, IEX-, RP-UPLC) and biophysical (CE-SDS, iciEF, spectroscopy) techniques.
- Provide analytical support for our process development engineers in running routine testing of in-process protein samples with timely documentation of results.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and documents such as characterization protocols, development reports, and testing data reports.
- Participate in cross-functional activities and trainings in support of analytical development objectives, as needed.
- Contribute to presentations of results and method development in weekly team and department meetings.
- Additional responsibilities include lab maintenance activities such as buffer preparation, sample management, instrument maintenance/troubleshooting and lab organization.
- BS or BA in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology or a related discipline.
- 1+ years of laboratory experience in the analysis and characterization of monoclonal antibodies and/or antibody drug conjugates (CE, SEC, IEX, RP).
- Basic proficiency in laboratory techniques and ability to learn the operation of laboratory instrumentation and associated software.
- Team-oriented, works well in collaborative environments, good oral and written communication skills and an eagerness to take on new projects.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects between departments in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Preference for applicants with experience in protein analysis and chromatography assays.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.