Research / Sr. Research Investigator, DMPK
This position will support the discovery of small molecule drugs for oncology and non-oncology indications. The selected individual will act as a DMPK project lead as part of a multidisciplinary discovery team.
- The individual will drive DMPK component of selected discovery projects in a matrix environment. He/she will work in close partnership with disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, and clinical pharmacology to optimize leads, conduct preclinical studies, select clinical candidates, and contribute to IND filings.
- Design and implement DMPK experiments to identify DMPK liabilities, drive project decisions, and solve critical issues in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and analyze data and write study summaries as well as reports for regulatory submissions.
- Communicate DMPK issues/results to discovery teams and management.
- PhD or equivalent with a minimum of 0-2 (Research) or 3-5 (Sr. Research) years of industry experience in DMPK.
- Should have good working knowledge of pharmacokinetics with hands on experience using PK software packages. PB/PK and PK/PD modeling experience is a plus.
- Should have a broad knowledge of metabolizing enzymes, clearance mechanisms, absorption, transporters and bioanalytical techniques. Experience as a DMPK project leader in Discovery programs of small molecule candidates is a plus.
- Appropriate understanding of applicable FDA and European regulations, with experience in IND filing and clinical protocols a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential along with strong organizational skills.