Modeling & Simulation Sr. Statistician
Amgen focuses on areas of high-unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Three positions available at all locations within the U.S.
The Modeling and Simulation - Senior Statistician role is responsible for:
- Modeling and Simulation Senior Statistician is a biostatistician with work experience in clinical trial design, execution, analysis and reporting; and excellent technical expertise in modeling and simulation. The Senior Statistician works closely with Director, Statistical Innovation (DSI), Strategic Development Director (SDD), the Modeling and Simulation team, EGTs and study teams throughout the evidence generation planning and study design process. The Senior Statistician works with the DSI and the Principal Statistician in the development and execution of the simulation plan based on design options and simulation specifications provided by DSI, SDD and study teams; and deliver simulation reports under the guidance from DSI.
- Participates in discussion sessions of EGP development and study design to ensure understanding of the clinical trial design options and collect design inputs from DSI, SDD and study team
- Works with the DSI and the Principal Statistician to develop and finalize simulation plan with detailed specifications and operating characteristics that enable the evaluation and selection of the optimal design options
- Executes simulation plan and summarizes results in outputs in presentation ready visualization
- Works with the DSI and the Principal Statistician to evaluate design options and form design recommendations and finalize simulation report
- Participates in sessions to present simulation results and recommendations to the product/study team
- Contributes to the development of simulation and modeling tools for the design center
- Supports the promotion of innovative designs and analysis methods by contributing to internal training sessions
Doctoral degree in Statistics/Biostatistics or other subject with high statistical content
Currently enrolled in PhD program in Statistics/Biostatistics or other subject matter with high statistical content, and must complete all requirements necessary to obtain Doctoral Degree in the PhD program prior to employment start date
Master's degree in Statistics/Biostatistics or other subject with high statistical content and 3 years of statistics experienc
- Doctorate in Statistics/Biostatistics with at least 1 years of post-graduate statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research
- Master's degree in Statistics/Biostatistics or related subject with high statistical content with at least 3 years of post-graduate statistical experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in clinical trial design, execution, analysis and reporting
- Experience in designing, analyzing and reporting of clinical trials within Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Public Health setting in Industry, Government or Academia
- Proactive and efficient in learning emerging adaptive designs and building simulation tools for wide use and applications
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
- Extensive knowledge of simulation and modeling techniques
- Work well with both statistical colleagues and cross functional teams
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent computing, modelling and simulation skills using R, SAS, WinBugs, FACTS, etc.