Sr. Mechanical Engineer, Device Delivery
Zosano Pharma Corporation, headquartered in Fremont, California, is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on providing systemic administration of therapeutics to patients using our proprietary Adhesive Dermally-Applied Microarray, or ADAM technology. The successful candidate will design, implement and validate device designs.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Mechanical Engineering, Device Delivery and may be based in our Fremont office or work remotely with occasional visits to our Fremont office. Working remotely requires a presence in the eastern US. Periodic visits to outside contractors in the greater Boston area and the Birmingham (AL) region will be required, as may additional travel from time to time. Approximately 25% travel is anticipated for this position.
- Provides guidance and oversees the manufacturing processes for device components and assembly at contract manufacturers.
- Develops new components and device configurations. Makes improvements to the existing device design
- Conducts design reviews and follows device design control requirements during development and implementation of new designs
- Manages product CAD files in Solid Works and Solid Works PDM
- Previous medical device or pharmaceutical experience
- Familiarity with design control fundamentals
- Excellent interpersonal skills to allow effective participation in external project teams.
- Self-motivated person with initiative to complete tasks independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with injection molding part design, manufacture and qualification
- Experience with Solid Works
- Experience using Solid Works PDM or similar
- The candidate must be a detail-oriented, fast troubleshooter and bring a positive, open minded attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Willingness to work in a clean room environment and interface with manufacturing personnel
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. (Citizen or approved Work Authorization)
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with, 7+ years’ experience, preferably in a GMP environment.