Sr Director, Marketing (Andexxa)
Portola Pharmaceuticals is looking for an experienced Strategic Marketer to lead marketing efforts for Andexxa in the United States. This role will partner with Executive Marketing Leadership to guide and execute marketing of Andexxa to key physician and pharmacy communities, target hospitals and patients.
- Develop and lead product marketing strategies; create brand vision, assess existing and potential markets, evaluate pricing strategies, create marketing communications, monitor channel markets, develop brand management, manage product education and contract administration within the broader scope of corporate strategy.
- Work in collaboration with R&D and Commercial teams to develop a network of academic key opinion leaders to serve as consultants for product assessments, clinical development plans, and competitive intelligence and for business development opportunities.
- Attend key clinical and scientific meetings and develop external relationships with scientific and clinical researchers, industry consultants and potential partners to help identify and evaluate new opportunities.
- Support Andexxa planning for various internal activities - revenue forecasts, sales force planning, marketing planning, R&D investments, P&L, financial metrics, market research, competitive analysis, KOL research and portfolio impact.
- Create the business case(s) to evaluate commercial potential of development options. Present data to support key assumptions and provide analysis to show how varying assumptions will impact forecasts.
- Provide input to the development program and life cycle plans for optimal commercialization.
- Integrate data from ongoing clinical studies into commercial marketing strategy.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Marketing team.
- Relevant degree, with strong emphasis in business and life sciences. MBA preferred.
- Experience marketing products in hospital, rare disease or thrombosis areas.
- Product launch experience in a marketing role required.
- A strong track record of executing inline marketing programs and brand management.
- Strong communication and writing skills with experience presenting before executive staff.
- Ability to thrive and advocate for their positions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven success partnering with internal stakeholders including Sales, Medical Affairs, and Regulatory to drive results.
- Ability to analyze financial data as well as industry data related to sales, market share, price/volume, call activity, market research, etc. Must be able to interpret and articulate market research data and their practical applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing to diverse customer segments - including physician, payer, and consumer.
- Experience with pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials.
- 20% travel required.
- Our company overview and history: http://www.portola.com/Company-Overview
- Recruiters: Please click this link for more information: http://www.portola.com/Recruiters-and-Vendors.