Cell Engineering Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, basic and applied biological research. The six-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. The company currently has a strategic partnership with Genus plc (agriculture) and has co-founded a human therapeutics company, Intellia Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTLA).
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our Cell Engineering group in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will contribute to the discovery and development of novel immune cell therapeutics currently in pre-clinical development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of cell-based functional assays in human immune cells
- Culture and characterization of primary immune cells and immortalized cell lines
- Generation and characterization of genetically modified immune cells
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of results
- Working with other scientists in a highly interdisciplinary, fast-paced team environment
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Immunology, Bioengineering or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in research in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture and functional analysis of human immune cells, including cell surface phenotyping, proliferation and cytokine secretion
- Expertise in multicolor flow cytometry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive outlook and enthusiasm for exciting, challenging work
- Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties
- Background in immunology, immune cell engineering or stem cell biology
- Experience with CAR-T cells
- Experience with genome editing technologies
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.