Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate - Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
The cardiovascular and metabolic disease group is seeking a highly motivated and creative research associate to join our target discovery and drug development team. The ideal candidate must be eager to explore novel disease and target biology and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Perform research with modest oversight; conduct experiments, record/analyze data, and extrapolate on these findings to build testable hypotheses
- Employ modern molecular and cell biology techniques to evaluate pathway/target function(s) utilizing in vitro and in vivo systems
- Present results in research staff, attend team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups
- Introduce new technology or methodology to enhance research productivity
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- BS or MS degree in life sciences with at least 4 years (for BS) or 2 years (for MS) of relevant laboratory experience. Industry experience preferred.
- Experience in a wide range of molecular biology techniques including PCR, nucleic acid isolation, molecular cloning, sequence analysis, western blot, etc.
- Experience in cell culture and FACS, with primary cell isolation and culture a plus
- Hands-on experience handling laboratory animals is preferred
- Ability to design, perform, troubleshoot and analyze biological experiments
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization software such as Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"