Scientist, Antibody Engineering & Design
Atreca is a dynamic biotechnology company located in Redwood City, California, applying its Immune Repertoire Capture® (IRC™) technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. By profiling the clinically relevant, active B cell responses of patients, we are building a portfolio of tumor-targeted antibodies.
We are seeking an outstanding, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial scientist to join our Antibody Engineering group. The successful candidate will become a key member of the research team, deeply involved in the engineering and optimization of antibodies identified from our IRC™ platform. Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, creativity, flexibility, and attention to detail are very important for this position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support antibody optimization using structure-based modeling and design
- Support antibody discovery using sequence analyses and developability assessments
- Design antibody variants and libraries to remove liabilities and enhance activity
- Develop computational modeling and design techniques as needed
- Collaborate with antibody engineers, cancer biologists, and other scientists
- Contribute to patents, publications, and technical reports
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- PhD in bioengineering, biophysics, computational biology, chemical engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline
- Significant experience with the Rosetta software suite for protein modeling and design
- Additional experience with MOE for protein modeling is preferred
- Experience with protein structure prediction, preferably antibody homology modeling
- Experience with computational design, preferably to improve stability or binding affinity
- Experience with recombinant antibody production from HEK293 or CHO is preferred
- Experience with yeast, phage, or mammalian display is a plus
- Experience with SPR or BLI is a plus
- Experience with in vitro developability assays is a plus
- Experience with cancer immunotherapy is a plus
- Track record of being innovative, adaptable, self-motivated, and scientifically rigorous
- Ability to work in a team, communicate effectively, prioritize tasks, and drive projects to completion
Exact title commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.