Research Associate, Experimental Immuno-oncology
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Research Associate you will aid in or drive the identification and validation of immuno-oncology drug targets by applying various assays. You’ll also contribute to in vitro immune assays development for characterizing/selecting immuno-modulatory antibodies, and exploration of their mechanisms of action both in vitro and ex vivo.
- Experience with Immuno-Oncology in vitro assays such as MLR, ADCC, 2D or 3D-spheroid killing and/or reporter assays is essential
- Experience with investigating the tumor micro-environments using techniques such as flow cytometry id highly recommended
- Must be proficient in aseptic cell culture technique
- In vivo experience is a plus
- Documents the data, completes data analysis, and compiles laboratory reports of studies.
- Provides interpretations and analysis of results and capable of presenting data to group meetings.
B.S. or M.S. degree in immunology or a related field with 2+ years of in the Immuno-Oncology space is recommended. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK INCLUDES:
- Hands-on experience with mouse models of cancer, technical proficiency in animal handling and dosing of mice including i.v., i.p., p.o., and s.c. is a plus
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results
- Prepare precise technical reports, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintain appropriate documentation
- Ability to communicate results at internal meetings
- This position requires excellent communication skills and ability to perform in a matrix structured work environment
- Proficient in data analysis software including FlowJo, GraphPrism, Microsoft Excel is a plus
- Both effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timeline
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US
- Innovative. You’ll be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Synergetic. You’ll enjoy our ever changing, but collaborative company culture.
- Rest and Relaxation. Three (3) weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays, on-site gym.
- Benefits. Medical with HMO, PPO, HSA and FSA options, dental/vision, and stock options.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with company match
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we’re looking forward to meeting you. Please attach your CV or resume and note the following job title in the subject line: RAIO_DB
and email to Jobs@SorrentoTherapeutics.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer