Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Experimental Immuno-Oncology
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Experimental Immuno-Oncology (I-O) group in Sorrento is seeking a highly motivated and creative Scientist / Senior Scientist to join a group of researchers evaluating novel therapies in the fields of Cancer Immunotherapy, Immune Checkpoint Biology, and Innate Immunity. The candidate will report to the Director, Experimental I-O and work closely with other groups across Sorrento to drive early discovery research programs into early clinical development, providing scientific and technical leadership. The successful candidate will work within project teams to advance research stage programs into early clinical development, and provide in-vitro, in-vivo and ex-vivo efficacy and pharmacodynamic data essential to drive projects into clinical development.
The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Ph.D. degree in immunology with at least 2 years industry experience in the Immuno-Oncology field is recommended. At least 5 years of experience is required for a senior level scientist.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Plans and executes experiments under minimal supervision that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidate projects into the pipeline. Works cross-functionally within the organization to achieve goals. Actively involved in the selection of anti-cancer drug candidates by running both in vitro and in vivo efficacy studies.
• Independently design and perform studies to evaluate the Efficacy and MOA of Immuno-modulatory drugs in preclinical models of cancer
• Hands-on experience with anti-tumor immunity mouse models.
• Demonstrated expertise in the design, execution and analysis of in vivo tumor models. Proficiency in IP, IV, SC, and PO dosing, and blood and tissue collection.
• Experience with various in vitro assays applicable to I-O such as MLR, ADCC, 2D or 3D-spheroid killing and reporter assays is recommended
• Proven experience with investigating the tumor micro-environments using in vivo or ex vivo techniques such as flow cytometry or Immuno-histochemistry.
• Must be proficient in aseptic cell culture technique
• Hands-on experience with RNA-seq and or Nanostring is a plus
• Supervise research associate(s)
• Prepare detailed technical reports, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintain appropriate documentation
• Ability to communicate results at both internal and external meetings
• This position requires excellent communication skills and ability to perform in a matrix structured work environment
• Proficient in data analysis software including FlowJo, GraphPrism, Microsoft Excel
• Both effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
Be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion for science.
A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, 10 paid holidays, and three-weeks’ PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer