Senior Scientist / Scientist, iPSC R&D
Fate Therapeutics is seeking an experienced and highly motivated cell and molecular biologist with expertise in induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC), genetic engineering and hematopoietic cell differentiation to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel cellular therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and immune disorders. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the generation of genetically engineered iPSC lines to support internal programs and external collaborations. The candidate must have in depth knowledge of iPSC derivation, characterization and differentiation in addition to extensive experience in genetic engineering. The position will require individual, independent research as well as coordination with internal groups and collaborators. This is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Director, R&D, and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Derive, characterize and genetically modify human induced pluripotent stem cells
- Develop, optimize and oversee a platform for iPSC generation and engineering to support internal programs and collaborators
- Oversee, train and support junior staff
- Present data to project group and larger multidisciplinary teams
- Execute research timelines to meet program and corporate objectives
- PhD in cell biology or related field
- Minimally 5+ years of post-doctoral or research experience in academia or extensive (minimum 3 years) research experience in biotech or pharma
- Extensive experience with iPSC derivation, characterization and differentiation
- In depth knowledge and practice with genetic engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a goal-oriented team
- Track record of collaborative work and mentoring of junior scientists
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), time management, record keeping and data analysis skills
Working Conditions and physical requirements
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours required
- 100% on site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code 199PP.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.