Senior Category Manager, R&D
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Senior Category Manager will be responsible to develop & lead the Global Category Management strategy for laboratory goods and services. She/he actively partners and advises Regeneron Global teams on supply market dynamics and leading practices which maximize value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness. The Senior Category Manager works effectively with ambiguity to anticipate future global business requirements in complex and/or multiple business unit stakeholder categories. She/he develops strategies to meet future demands and to create a competitive supply advantage. The Senior Category Manager owns the Supplier Management Program including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars. She/he will ensure that the global strategy is consistently deployed in individual markets by collaborating with sourcing managers.
• Leads and/or works with others to solve issues of diverse scope where analysis requires an understanding of current business trends
• Uses sophisticated analytical throught to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
• Requires broad understanding of the processes, procedures and systems and is able to use that knowledge to improve efficiency and produce high quality work on problems with cross functional impact
• Responsible for global contractual agreements and works with internal legal department and any changes that are critical to Regeneron's interest
• Develops and executes the Category Management strategy to optimize value from the global supply base
• Oversees & coordinates global requests for proposals, negotiates contracts, and ensures contract objectives are delivered (savings, SLAs, etc.); ensures compliance with pricing agreements and internal policies/procedures
• Manages global supplier relationships and ensures performance and accountability are tracked/improved
• Develops and manages program policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Company guidelines, related laws, and governmental guidelines.
• Develops and executes procurement related programs to optimize value
• Informs and influences decision making at the management level
• Manages supplier integration plans of all goods and services for consumption by internal stakeholders, business unit, or function
• Identifies projects to apply sourcing and procurement methodologies
• Coaches proficiency on procurement technical skills among peer category and sourcing managers.
• Leads the global supply market evaluation process by utilizing all available market intelligence, risk, compliance, and financial assessment tools
• Creates the Supplier Management Program for the category including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars with collective input from the individual market sourcing managers
• Accountable for implementing the global Category Management strategy
• Authority to act as the primary relationship manager to the supplier's global leadership team
• Develops and leads the framework negotiation plan for the global category strategy using a leader mastery level skill set
• Coaches category and sourcing managers to ensure consistent execution of the Supplier Management Program
• Responsible to conduct negotiations with key suppliers at their most senior leadership level
SCOPE: Global supply markets
• Bachelor's plus 10 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferrably include 7 years directly in sourcing Pharma/Biotech.
• Master's plus 7 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferrably include 7 years directly in sourcing within Pharma/Biotech.
• Demonstrated experience leading multiple/other categories
• Working knowledge with sourcing contracting tools, ERP's, and eRFx systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, Other)
• Ability to leverage standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Previous leadership experience preferred.
• Leader master proficiency level in negotiations skills
• Cost modeling knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to formulate presentations and business cases
• Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team with limited supervision
• Program management experience and project management experience required
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.