Position reports to VP of Finance
This position is responsible for the daily aspects of PACT’s IT infrastructure, including IT facilities (power, HVAC, data center environment), perimeter and data center security, operations and management, server hardware and OS management, network management, and managing the help desk function.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage day-to-day aspects of PACT’s IT infrastructure, including IT facilities (power, HVAC, data center environment), perimeter and data center security, operations and management, server hardware and OS management, and network management.
- No less than 10 years of Linux experience.
- Manage ongoing relationship with Disaster Recovery vendor(s)
- Hands on management of the Help Desk function
- Oversee all aspects of the deployment and maintenance of PACT’s fleets of laptops and desktops
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of core PACT applications, including those covered by PACT’s Enterprise Agreements with Microsoft
- Working knowledge of ITIL and TOGAF frameworks
- Work with Senior Leadership to ensure implementation and maintenance of all systems are compliant with relevant standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Must be a team player and be able to work in a startup environment
- Minimum of 3-4 years prior experience in network or systems engineer capacity
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT management, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong technical knowledge of and direct experience with implementing, supporting, and maintaining systems supporting bioinformatics, e.g. high-performance computing (HPC)
- Experience working in regulated environments and complying with change control systems and GMP regulations (and their impact on IT).
- Familiarity with key Microsoft enterprise products, including MS Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, and others.
- Extensive experience, NLT 10 years with systems security and related network design considerations
- Must be a team player with positive attitude and willingness to innovate are strongly desired.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to non-technical clients
- Strengths in working across all levels of the company in a calm and diplomatic manner.
- Self-motivator with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Experience deploying InfiniBand networks, i.e., QDR and FDR
- Experience with various HPC network topologies, i.e, fat-tree, 3d-torus
- Experience with provisioning HPC environments within Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Layer 2/3 networking, specifically Cisco / Palo Alto Networks firewalls and switches
- Experience configuring LACP bonding
- SELinux experience
- Red Hat Idm / Free IPA