Biology Research Associate
Position: Research associate, Biology
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on the discovery of innovative drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases, cancer, and inflammation. Carmot is applying a transformative technology, Chemotype Evolution, to overcome the limitations of conventional discovery technologies and to identify superior drug candidates for challenging therapeutic targets. Carmot is seeking a motivated, meticulous individual to join our drug discovery team.
You will play an important role in applying Chemotype Evolution to identify novel drug leads for Carmot’s internal and partnered programs. In this position you will screen custom compound libraries in biochemical or cell assays and develop new assays for platform integration. This requires working closely with scientists in biology and chemistry as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Generate and analyze primary biochemical and cellular screening data to meet strict timelines and goals
- Develop new assays for screening and MOA studies
- Triage screening hits by conducting dose-response experiments and counter screening assays
- Troubleshoot and optimize experiments to ensure high-quality data is obtained
- Communicate key findings at project meetings and make recommendations for follow-up studies and prioritization
Experience and Skills:
- BS or MS in biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical biology or related field with 1-3 years relevant experience
- Prior experience with fluorescence-based enzymatic assays is essential
- Expertise using liquid handling instruments and microplate formats
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is highly desired
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to changing priorities
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is located at our Berkeley site. To apply, please forward your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Bio 181” in the subject line. Carmot is an equal opportunity employer.