Facilities Manager/Sr. Facilities Manager
PACT Pharma is looking for a Sr. Facilities Manager or Facilities Manager to join their an exciting new company with laboratories in the San Francisco Bay Area. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. The identification of neo-epitopes that serve as private mutations for each patient’s cancer creates a unique opportunity to engineer autologous T cells that target and kill tumors expressing these neo-antigens. PACT utilizes technology licensed from the laboratories of Drs. Heath and Baltimore (Caltech) to identify T cells that recognize the neo-epitope. The unique T-cell receptor (TCR) sequences obtained from these neoepitope-reactive cells are then engineered into T cells from the patient’s own blood to produce PACT’s therapeutic product: a tsunami of fresh, active T cells that, following infusion into the patient, recognize and attack each patient’s cancer cells.
We are located in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. PACT Pharma is an ambitious cutting-edge undertaking - we fully anticipate our company to become the world’s leader in personalized adoptive T cell therapies for cancer and therefore key to the future of cancer treatment. We are currently located in Hayward, CA, but will be moving offices to South San Francisco by the end of the year.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in facility management operation. Responsible for overall facilities of PACT Pharma buildings, lab, and overall building operations as assigned by management.
- Manage facilities, operations, risk management, buildings & properties.
- Ensures effective communication between business stakeholders, users, Facilities Operations, maintenance, site services, securities, IT, Procurement, Finance, Legal, HR, and all departments in regards to all facilities operations issues.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing direct reports and third-party service providers to ensure compliance.
- Interacts with Suppliers/Consultants and/or vendors on Facilities and property matters
- Oversee/manage small to medium furniture configuration projects
- Mage the direct relationship with landlords and/or property Managers, to ensure correct building maintenance and compliance with the agreements signed in the lease contract
- Compliance with company policy for procurement of facilities services and goods
- Compliance with local law and regulations (Building Taxes, Health and Safety)
- Manages and ensures space planning for sites are up to date and recorded.
- Reporting of facility data including but not limited to utilities, accidents, and waste
- Ensure that a high quality of housekeeping is maintained
- Highschool degree or equivalent with 5 + years of facilities management experience. Bachelors degree is a plus
- Must be able to work on highly complex problems in a variety of situations where analysis is required. Solve problems using considerable and rational judgement, leading to routine and specific recommendations.
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing facilities in a corporate environment
- Proficient at planning and scheduling own activities to accomplish objectives
- Must be a team player with Sufficient experience of involvement with senior management
- Experience managing budgets and ensure projects stay within budget
- Proficient with MS Office and computer systems; work order systems (EH&S) is a plus
- Must have the ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
- Must be available for on-call building emergencies 24/7/365
- Knowledge and experience working within the pharmaceutical or highly regulated sector
- Ability to develop schemes, systems, and programs for continuous improvement
- Experience with building / office moves