Senior Scientist, Immuno-oncology
Ambrx, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics. Ambrx is based on a fundamental advance in protein biosynthesis that enables the company to genetically engineer proteins with new amino acid building blocks beyond the common twenty, enabling the biosynthesis of proteins with new physical, chemical and pharmacological properties. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create the next generation of protein-based medicines.
- This individual will join the biological sciences group to focus on the development of novel cancer biological immunotherapies.
- This individual will design and perform experiments under minimal supervision.
- Explore new technologies and new concepts to aid in the treatment of cancer patients.
- Monitor current technological developments in antibody, antibody drug conjugates and other protein cancer immunotherapies.
- Work closely with other groups to ensure providing support for company’s projects
- Requires a Ph.D. in biological sciences or related fields
- Post-Doctorate training and 5-8 years of industry experience
- Cancer immunology experience is a strong plus
- Must be willing to work on the bench in the laboratory at least 80% of the time with an opportunity to lead project teams.
- Must have hands-on experience with:
- In-vitro cytotoxicity assays
- In vitro cellular assays for cytokines and other protein ligands
- FACS and other profiling experience on cell, protein and genes
- Cell culture and recombinant cell line generation
- General molecular biology techniques
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE