Associate Director, Immuno-Oncology
Ambrx, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics. Ambrx is based on a fundamental advance in protein biosynthesis that enables the company to genetically engineer proteins with new amino acid building blocks beyond the common twenty, enabling the biosynthesis of proteins with new physical, chemical and pharmacological properties. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create the next generation protein-based medicines.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated Cancer Biologist with oncology research, as well as, preclinical development experience to join our Biological Science team. The position is responsible for providing leadership in discovery biology and assay development to support pipeline development from discovery to IND. The candidate will work within a team to initiate and develop immuno-oncology protein drug discovery projects and participate in IND filings. The candidate should also have the ability and flexibility to lead the projects as the company expands its development pipeline over time.
Job Requirements and Education Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Biology or a related scientific discipline with at least 7 years of Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience
- Prior experience working with modulating cytokines for immuno-oncology therapeutics is critical
- Broad knowledge base and understanding of biological signaling/interaction networks (particularly cytokines and other protein ligands) and designing biological therapeutics to mobilize immune system to fight cancer
- Extensive research and leadership experience in immuno-oncology protein drug development from target selection to IND
- Strong interpersonal and people leadership skills
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving abilities
- Must have excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to perform in a goal-oriented, fast-paced, matrixed team environment
- Ability to present data and communicate effectively in project teams and with external collaborations
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer