Sr. Technical Service & Development Scientist
DuPont Industrial Biosciences in Wilmington, DE has an opening for a Senior Technical Service and Development Scientist. The Microbial Control business unit within DuPont Industrial Biosciences is focused on providing sustainable solutions, based on innovative science and technology, for microbial control in a wide variety of industries. These application areas range from preservation of consumer and institutional products, to treatment of large scale water process systems such as cooling water, pulp & paper and oil & gas systems.
DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable b
onus plan, and much more!
The Microbial Control business unit is committed to maintaining and building our success, and we have an opportunity for an experienced, dynamic, and innovative person to join our team as a Senior Technical Service and Development Scientist. This person will be responsible for developing and managing strategic customers, partners, and innovation programs for key strategic markets.
The position will primarily focus on:
•Defining objectives and strategies for key markets and customer accounts in collaboration with commercial and marketing functions and providing associated technical and market leadership for short and long term growth.
•Participating in, influencing, and holding key leadership positions in professional organizations and committees targeted at creating leadership positions and driving strategy.
•Developing proprietary positions for the Microbial Control business through competitive analysis, in-licensing of differentiated intellectual property, as well as development of new differentiated intellectual property.
•Identifying, championing, and chartering technical development efforts for major project areas and accounts using in-depth expertise of the market and proactive application of scientific principles, theory and experimental design with working knowledge in multiple disciplines.
•Identifying and leading the development and implementation of new technologies, treatment systems, and application strategies for key strategic markets in close collaboration with major customers and development partners.
•Serves as a technology leader for the segment. Identifies and develops justification for projects to direct strategy for segment. Identifies key trends and issues in the segment. Understands strategy in adjacent segments.
•Networks between functions and businesses to identify and leverages DuPont capabilities for maximizing value creation.
- A minimum of 10 years of R&D and/or TS&D experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong safety mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good influencing skills necessary to drive alignment of goals, resources, accountabilities in order to meet business objectives.
- Ph.D. in a biological science.
- Prior experience in microbial control of industrial systems especially oil/gas- and water-based systems.
- Proven leadership in the commercial introduction of new technologies into the marketplace, including ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers and commercial teams.
- A proven track record of original research contributions, including experience in publishing and presenting technical papers in scientific journals and at professional symposia.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and energize teams and mentor/technically develop junior scientists.
Bachelor's Degree (~16 years)
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.