Scientist - Biology
Versapeutics, is a new startup company located in San Diego, California. We develop novel therapeutics in a number of disease indications, especially the nervous system disorders. We are now seeking a highly motivated scientist, broadly trained in any of the following areas, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, cancer research and neurobiology. The ideal candidate will have finished solid PhD training with strong interest in early-stage drug discovery. The individual will work primarily on modern antibody based biotherapeutics. The position requires the candidate to independently generate, analyze and present data with high degree of accuracy and efficiency. The individual must be a self-driven and organized team player in order to success in this rapidly growing startup company. VersaPeutics offers outstanding growth opportunities for talented scientists.
- Design and characterize monoclonal antibodies.
- Test the biological functions of monoclonal antibodies in collaboration with relevant experts.
- Participate in technological development and business development of the company.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Neurobiology or related field is required. PhD in Neuroscience is preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant field in the industry.
- Knowledge and experience in antibody structure, mechanism and development is preferred.
- Expertise in cell culture is required. Hands on in vivo experience is preferred
- Highly collaborative, self-driven individual with a strong scientific curiosity and initiative to learn and contribute.
Excellent communication and presentation skills. And the ability to thrive in dynamic environment
Please include your lists of references in the application.