Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE / SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
We are seeking an exceptional and highly motivated individual to join our exploratory research efforts within the Antisense Drug Discovery Group. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, creative, strongly committed to the scientific process, and capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. Key responsibilities will include: target validation for various diseases using in vivo and in vitro systems; design, execution and analysis of pre-clinical studies; presentation of data at team meetings. This is an individual contributor position with most of the work being performed in a laboratory setting.
- B.S. / M.S. degree (or equivalent experience) in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Pharmacology
- At least 4 years of experience in a fast-paced research environment
- Proven hands-on experience in handling rodents, administering compounds and dissecting tissues during animal necropsies
- Experience with animal disease models
- Experience with a wide array of molecular biology and biochemical techniques, including nucleic acid extraction from isolated cells and tissues, qRT-PCR, Western blotting and ELISA
- Experience with cell culture and in vitro techniques
- Strong organizational, written, and communication skills
- A proven ability to be highly productive and successful in an intense work environment with meticulous attention to detail and excellent benchwork skills
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis; reference requisition # 18-0093
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.