Senior Analyst, Payor and Channel Insights
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Senior Analyst, Payor and Channel Insights
As a leader in the Marketing Research and Analytics team supporting Payors, this individual will play an important role in the continued success and growth of franchise sales within Managed Markets. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Brand Market Research/Analytics, Managed Care Marketing and Brand Marketing to conduct analytics & research that identify commercial opportunities and threats, support the development of payor strategies and tactics, enable continuous learning from ad-hoc analyses, and ensure payor alignment across brand centric research and analytics.
The Payor Marketing Research and Analytics function focuses on improving the effectiveness of managed care messaging and tactics across multiple therapeutic classes and customer segments through a combination of secondary data analysis, custom research and syndicated studies. The Marketing Research and Analytics Manager is responsible for insights generated through analytics, strategic payor research, and syndicated services and is knowledgeable in demonstrating how to integrate and consume both secondary data such as IMS/WK. These insights are critical to develop and optimally execute AbbVie's payor strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Payor Marketing Research and Analytics Senior Analyst will be responsible for guiding the communication of findings, results and recommendations of analysis/research within MA&BI teams and across to the franchises to improve payor and market access knowledge (government, employers, health plans and trade partners) and reflection of insights to brand strategies while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- In collaboration with MA&BI partners, consulting with marketing leadership to formulate strategy, identify potential tactical initiatives, enhance promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring/improving program execution.
- Building relationships internally - e.g., with Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, Managed Care/ Trade/ Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. - to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Demonstrating working knowledge in understanding implications of policy changes and impacts on the health care landscape, payors (both private and governmental), disease states and treatment options.
- Supporting execution of marketing strategy by ensuring that all analytic and research activities are aligned with and executed in accordance with the larger strategic plan, guiding team on interpreting channel/brand marketing strategy into market research objectives and priorities.
- Demonstrating awareness, use and integration of secondary data sources, integrating findings across studies to provide strategic insight, and guiding research decisions based on applicability and limitations of primary versus secondary research.
- Understanding market research design and implications for the therapeutic area and customer segment, identifying sound approaches to research based on the hypotheses and situational constraints, interpreting research findings and synthesizes them into actionable business insights, differentiating analytical techniques based on their appropriate use, working collaboratively with other functions and vendors on the design and management of research.
- Delivering research and analytical findings objectively to Managed Markets Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers, regardless of the implications of their results.
- Guides and performs payor specific analytics; Influences practices and business results through the application of Analytics. Directs team and vendors in the delivery of key analyses and data products (SHA, WKH, IMS/ IQVIA, Nielsen, etc.)
- Conducting analytics though the integration of complex datasets that frame the parameters around trade initiatives, assessment, segmentation and targeting strategies, hypothesis testing, pilot experiment design, and predictive analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in market analytics, marketing research, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Symphony Health, HIRC, HSG, etc..).
- Command of the following software programs (PowerPoint, Excel etc.). Experience with SAS/SPSS preferred.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
- Payor and Chanel Analytics Experience
Key Abbvie Competencies
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including, database agencies and internal partners.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled