Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, In-Vivo pharmacology
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases, cancer, and inflammation. With multiple discovery programs advancing toward candidate selection, Carmot is seeking a dedicated and experienced pharmacologist to join the Biology team.
In this position, you will design and execute drug discovery studies using cell culture and mammalian in vivo models. In particular, you will be utilizing in vivo metabolic disease models to support compound characterization and mechanism of action studies. These efforts will support lead discovery and translational biology for clinical compounds. The environment at Carmot is fast paced, requiring you to be excellent at multitasking and working within a team to achieve common goals.
- Characterize lead molecules using acute, sub-chronic and chronic in vivo models
- Develop in vivo assays to assess the mechanism of action of newly identified compounds
- Investigate and validate mechanism of action of drug leads
- Maintain the surgical suite at the company
- Effectively communicate important results to team members and collaborators
Required experience and skills:
- BSc, MSc in cell biology or related field with 3-5 years of post-graduate in vivo pharmacology experience
- Industry experience is a plus
- Extensive experience in harvesting tissues (blood sampling,, tissue biopsies, organ dissection)
- Expertise in drug delivery utilizing all standard methods
- Experience with surgical techniques such as subcutaneous pump insertion and/or vascular catheterization
- Flexible work schedule with ability to contribute to frequent evening and weekend efforts
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects while remaining well organized
- Willingness to creatively solve challenging problems and rapidly adapt to changing priorities
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is at Carmot’s San Francisco site. At Carmot we value diverse perspectives and encourage our scientists to contribute at multiple levels within the company. To apply, please forward your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Bio 181” in the subject line. Carmot is an equal opportunity employer.