Research Associate II - Cell Biology
About iQ Biosciences
iQ Biosciences provides focused research support to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic industries in the form of intelligent research services and quality biospecimens. We go beyond being reliable – we excel at being a trusted partner in the biomedical community to help cure disease. iQ Biosciences is entering a dynamic growth phase and looking to add an outstanding, highly motivated individual to our team that fits with our culture of having the following characteristics: good judgment, effective communication, natural curiosity, senses urgency, focused passion, intelligence, and empathy. This position has high growth potential opportunities as the company continues to build and solidify its Cellular Products Division as the leading World
Provider of Quality Cellular Products.
Position Description: Research Associate II – Cell Biology
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for processing and isolating human and animal primary cells in parallel with conducting quality control analysis, playing an active role in a team setting. In addition, the candidate will be receiving, cataloging, and retrieving reagents or internal products for experiments or shipping. This position requires basic knowledge of cell culture and willingness to learn. The ideal candidate will be able to follow basic protocols and retain knowledge through diligent note taking in order to work independently and in a group setting. This is an excellent entry to mid-level opportunity for a young scientist to continue and develop her/his exposure to immunology, as well as obtain more expertise and technical knowledge through the isolation of immune cell subsets for product development and research in preclinical and early drug development projects.
• Processing and isolating human and animal primary cells using various techniques, including immuno- magnetic isolation technology.
- Performing QA/QC on finished goods. Reporting out-of-specification products to managers.
- Preparing buffers, reagents, and other laboratory consumables.
- Testing cell culture media and reagents.
- Washing and maintaining lab-ware.
- Handling and disposing of biological waste.
• Receiving and monitoring client test articles or reagents for usage.
• Perform tissue culture with primary cells and immortalized cell lines.
• Packaging materials for shipment.
• Validating new SOPs/equipment.
• Generating electronic & written records based upon testing and analysis of cell and/or tissue samples.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Assist with cell-based assays such as cell line binding, cell cytotoxicity, ADCC, and CDC assays.
• Perform multi-color flow cytometry, including cell staining and data acquisition.
• Maintaining records of materials, prices, frozen products inventories and deliveries.
• Maintaining and organizing laboratory work area, consumables, and equipment.
• Maintaining finished goods inventory.
• Washing and maintaining lab-ware.
• Train new lab staff.
• Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 40 pounds approximately 0 to 2 times per
day/shift. Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds approximately 5 to 10
times per day/shift.
- Activity: Lifting Liquid Nitrogen Racks
- Frequency: ~5-10 times per day
- Item Dimensions: 33” H x 6” W x 6” D
- Weight: 25 lbs
- Starting Grip Height: 43”
- Finish Grip Height: 60”
- Distance from Body: 14”
• Must be able to stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift.
• Must comply with laboratory policies and procedures.
• B.S. with 2-5 years of experience in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or a related field.
• A strong desire to learn about pharmaceutical/biotech drug discovery and development is preferred.
• Ability to work independently after initial training period.
• Familiarity with cell isolation from various types of tissue is desired but not required.
• Understanding of isolation methods for enrichment/purification of lymphocyte subsets is desired but not required.
• General computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Technical Computer Software literacy, including GraphPad Prism, Softmax, and Flow Cytometry based applications (CellQuest, FACSDiva, and FlowJo) desired but not required.
• Organized and proactive in all aspects of work.
• Keeps detailed records of lab work.
• Highly adaptive and flexible with good attention to detail.
• Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
• Flexibility and a willingness to work as a member of a small team is key.
• Flexibility to work occasionally on weekends as needed.
• Ability to commit and contribute to a high functioning team consisting of enthusiastic, collaborative, and supportive individuals.
iQ Biosciences is a dynamic immunology-based start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit https://iqbiosciences.com/.
iQ Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, iQ prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
No phone calls or agencies please. Direct applicants only via BioSpace or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.