Applications Scientist, Life Science
Applications Scientist, Life Science
Analytik Jena US LLC – Upland, CA
Are you looking to make a career move to utilize your life science education and/or lab experience?
Would you thrive on actively supporting customers with life science imaging applications?
Are you a methodical individual who thinks through situations and troubleshooting in order to develop best solutions?
Analytik Jena US headquarters is seeking a life science Applications Scientist / Specialist who has great passion for providing professional customer support and problem solving. Responsible working with Real-Time PCR applications, Imaging (protein & DNA), in vivo applications, reagents, and nucleic acid purifications for full range of applications in genomics.
Analytik Jena is a provider of life science imaging and in vivo systems, PCR and imaging, instruments and products in the areas of life science technology and. We are looking for an analytical problem solver who is self-motivated and enjoys helping others to use their equipment to its full potential. This person will be an effective addition to our team in Upland, CA.
Relocation assistance will be considered for top candidate.
- Provides prompt in-depth applications & technical support to sales team and customers primarily via phone and email, and in-person in a timely manner
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of products and application capabilities
- Stays current on technology trends and anticipates emerging consumer needs through research
- Facilitates trainings and presentations to sales team and customers
- Obtains customer’s specific application requirements and recommends products that meet their needs
- Provides customers with clear and concise instructions on product operation and troubleshooting
- Collaborates with other departments when resolving customer issues
- Tests applications and provides documentation support
- Obtains powerful feedback from customers through active listening, probing, asking clarifying questions and forwards information to Product Manager for new product opportunities or enhancements
- Occasional business travel, as needed for customer visits, training and meetings
- Follows ISO related quality policies, procedures, and documentation requirements
- Provides support for workshops and seminars
- PhD or Master’s degree in biology (preferred), Chemistry, or related sciences with a life science emphasis and/or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Will consider training motivated candidate with applications or other related background, along with technical skills and aptitude
- Passionate about customer support, thinks outside the box and pushes beyond the status quo
- Technical understanding, writing and research skills are required
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including tactful interactions
- Self-motivated, independent, and a proactive
- Confidence to communicate what they don’t know and to ask questions
- Technical knowledge and experience in Scientific Imaging and/or Medical Imaging, Imaging Software and camera lenses preferred
- Ability to effectively work and interact with others in a team and to work independently under general supervision; ability to maintain a positive and objective outlook to find best solutions
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT
- Occasional domestic travel may be needed, and possible international travel for training
Comp package includes competitive salary, 401(k) match, medical, dental and vision insurance, plus company paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance plans.
When applying, send resume, plus cover letter or note highlighting 3 specific reasons your background and/or accomplishments make you a strong candidate for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V