Quality Control Specialist
Waisman Biomanufacturing, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is a clinical manufacturing facility that produces biologics (gene therapeutics, cell therapeutics, recombinant proteins and vaccines) for Phase I and II Human Clinical Trials in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines.
WB's Quality Control (QC) Specialists work with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance teams to test biopharmaceutical products and document results for in-process and release testing. The QC Specialist will be responsible for running standard assays, performance of environmental monitoring (EM), shipping and outsourcing functions, writing and updating standard operating procedures (SOPs), reporting quality control specifications (QCSs), and reviewing/verifying the work of teammates.
The full position description is available at UW-Madison’s Office of Human Resources website, PVL 95360.
A Bachelor's degree is required. A degree in biology, microbiology or related field is preferred.
Well-qualified applicants will have the following preferred experience:
- One to three years of experience working in a laboratory setting under current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). Undergraduate research experience may be considered.
- Technical and hands-on experience performing or using analytical methods and optimization, including UV-Vis spectroscopy, protein analytical methods, for example, sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE), Western Blot, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), polymerase chain reaction (PCR), qPCR, ELISA, flow cytometry and cell culture based assays.
- Experience in microbiological methods (environmental monitoring, microbial isolate identification).
- Demonstrated successful experience coordinating components of projects including reporting team activities, with good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with equipment operation and/or the flexibility and desire to learn operation of new equipment.
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and excellent multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and in a fast-paced, client-oriented, team environment.
Please submit CV & cover letter by 8/21 at http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/498856
Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. UW–Madison provides equal employment opportunity for all persons and is in compliance with State and Federal regulations.