Molecular Lab Technician
Apex Life Sciences has an immediate need for multiple Associate Scientists to join our DNA Sequencing group in Branford, CT. This laboratory technician performs clinical laboratory test procedures following standard operating and quality assurance procedures. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a team committed to clinical sequencing services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Experienced Laboratory Technician to conduct next generation protocols including, but not limited to, sample QC, PCR, library preparation, sequence capture, and sequencer operation.
- Multiple daily production tasks including operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all sample preparation robots and sequencing instruments.
- Write, review, read, understand and follow applicable SOPs within the electronic document management system.
- Perform accurate and timely data entry into LIMS to ensure accurate sample tracking.
- Perform equipment maintenance, calibration, QC, and proficiency testing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of BS degree in a Life Sciences discipline (Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related) with a minimum of 2+ years of experience conducting molecular biology assays in a commercial, academic, or government laboratory.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently under pressure of deadlines as well as the desire to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
- Experience with Agilent hybridization-capture and Illumina sequencer operation also highly desired.