Scientist, Sr. Scientist, PhD Cellular and Molecular biology, CRISPR, Transgenic
Synbal, the Active Genetics Company
Scientist, Sr. Scientist, Ph.D. Cellular and Molecular biology, CRISPR, Transgenic
Do you want to make patients better? Do you want to be on the ground floor of a new company? Synbal is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to help create new technology. Synbal is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary Active Genetics platform to prepare safe new cell therapeutics products.
As an early stage startup company, Synbal is looking for energetic and creative candidates with a desire to work in a startup environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience and expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques (including transient and stable transfection). Must be an extremely creative molecular biologist and cell biology expert (including, flow cytometry and handling primary immune cells). Candidate will have experience with CRISPR-Cas9 or other similar RNA guided enzymes. Candidate should have experience in managing the creation and breeding of transgenic rodents and should have experience in characterization of the phenotype of new strains.
Experience and education requirements
- Ph.D. with 3-5+ years of cellular and molecular biology experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience a plus, but not required).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills, and organization skills
- Hands-on in vitro cell line development & troubleshooting experience is critical
- Required technical skills include DNA cloning, vector creation, and transfection, Western Blotting, ELISA, aseptic technique, mammalian cell culture, primary immune cell processing, and cell viability assays
- Specialty technical skills needed include planning and supervision of transgenic animal creation, breeding, and characterization
- Essential techniques include flow cytometry, PCR/qPCR.
- Basic animal handling skills, including dosing, blood harvest, tail harvest are required.
- Be a strong individual contributor and effective team player and, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high-quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Synbal also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, disability insurance. San Diego area located candidates only, please. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job 2018_E1, Career_at_Synbal@outlook.com. Synbal, Inc. is an EEO employer.