Director, Investor Relations
The Director, Investor Relations reports through the Investor Relations function and will work closely and collaboratively cross-functionally across the company and with senior management at Nektar. The individual will be tasked with helping to develop and execute Nektar's Investor Relations strategy and increasing the company's visibility with the investment community, which includes dissemination of the Company's corporate message, interactions with the investment community and identifying and targeting key investor groups in the U.S., Europe and Asia. He/she is expected to take on a significant role in interfacing with the investment community while serving as a credible and timely source of information and primary point of contact to key investors and analysts. This job contributes to and supports the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
• Maintains comprehensive knowledge of Nektar's products, research pipeline and business strategies to assist in representing the Company to the investment community and Wall Street analysts.
• Respond to investors and analyst inquiries in a timely manner
• Serve as spokesperson in meetings with investors and analysts.
• Liaises with Media Relations and Corporate Communications on materials such as press releases and earnings releases, for dissemination to the public.
• Prioritizes and organizes external meeting requests with investors and analysts, determining necessary executive presence.
• Creates and updates investor presentations, messaging and Q&A documents
• Manages and attends investor conferences, events, and investor and analyst meetings
• Develops relationships and maintains regular communication with all buy-side and sell-side contacts to provide up to date information about events and market trends affecting the Company, with the goal of communicating our long-term vision
• Monitors and analyzes data relating to trading activity, relevant industry data, and peer company performance
• Tracks, reviews, and compiles detailed financial models and maintains a dynamic, detailed, internal consensus financial model, based on covering sell-side analyst models
• Analyzes and tracks competitor activities for dissemination to executive management and for use in competitive positioning
• Manages information necessary for preparation of strategic financial and investor communications
• Prepares materials tracking detailed stock trading and shareholder information for presentations to Senior Management
• Manages targeted marketing activities to new and existing shareholders
• Stays abreast of competitive commercial and research products/programs.
• Analyze internal and external forecasts, data, and assumptions to provide aggregated view of expectations and implications for stock price and investor and analysts perception
• Work collaboratively and cross functionally with internal stakeholders, including Legal, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and Patient Advocacy
• May manage junior analyst
• Minimum of a BA/BS degree in a scientific discipline or related Ph.D. desired
• A minimum of 12 years experience in the pharmaceutical or related industries. A minimum of 8 years direct investor relations experience within a public pharmaceutical or biotechnology company with an Oncology focus is required.
• Direct work experience in the investment community on the buy or sell-side a plus
• Established credibility with the investment community and biotechnology industry
• Strong communications expertise, including written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate and simplify complex information for research analysts and investors.
• Team player who displays flexibility and professionalism under pressure
• Understanding of financial statements and valuation models
• Understanding of SEC and FDA regulations impacting communications
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Collaborative style working across internal and external teams
• Impeccable/Solid judgement
• Excellent written, verbal and PowerPoint skills
• Excellent research abilities, outstanding attention to detail, efficient time management abilities and the willingness and ability to maintain and foster relationships
• Ability to travel up to 50%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Nektar Therapeutics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner proscribed by the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.