IS / IT Audit Manager
Amgen is seeking an IS (Information Systems) / IT (Information Technology) Audit Manager at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA or in Tampa, FL.
The IS / IT Audit Manager will assist the Chief Audit Executive, Directors, Senior Managers and Staff of Amgen Corporate Audit in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services. The IS / IT Audit Manager will also help determine whether the Company's systems of risk management, control and governance processes are adequate and functioning in a manner appropriate to a company of Amgen's size and market.
This position is part of the IS Audit team, consisting of several information system auditors, who perform system and IT process audits on their own as well as support business process auditors.
Responsibilities of the IS / IT Audit Manager Include:
- Effectively plans, coordinates, and conducts periodic audits of operational and financial areas in accordance with approved annual audit plans
- Interacts with Amgen senior and mid-level management
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Successfully manages and cultivates key relationships to ensure that Corporate Audit's scope of work and the objectives of the organization are completed in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Exercises excellent judgment and initiative in handling business issues of significance to Corporate Audit and the Company
- Drafts work papers documenting work performed and written communications of audit and consulting engagement results
- Provides project management responsibility for leading the direction and accomplishments of overall goals and objectives of audits
- Provides appropriate leadership and mentoring to Corporate Audit staff to achieve audit goals and objectives
- Discharges responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Institute of Internal Auditors' Code of Ethics, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Statement of Responsibilities
- Travel up to 10% per year
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems Audit experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems Audit experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- 5 years' progressive experience in auditing, finance, accounting, sales & marketing, information technology management, compliance and/or operations
- 2 years' experience with executing various IS audit projects such as: general controls, application controls, data analysis, vulnerability assessments / penetration studies, intrusion detection, and SSAE16/18s (formerly SAS 70s)
- External audit (e.g., Big Four) and /or internal audit (e.g., Fortune 500) experience
- Advanced degrees in computer science, accounting finance, business administration or in a life science related area
- Certifications such as CISA, CIA, CISSP, CISSM, CRISK, CGEIT, CPA and MBA
- Working knowledge of enterprise applications such as ERP (SAP) systems, COSO framework and good audit experience of auditing ITIL, COBIT and other technical IS processes area
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control framework
- Pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry experience
- Self-starter with excellent project management and communication (both verbal and written) skills, including the ability to effectively and confidentially interact with Amgen senior management
- Excellent and insightful financial, analytical, interpersonal, team-building, leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent business acumen (e.g., knowledge of business drivers, finding solutions and knowledge of accounting, finance and other business areas)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.