Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, DMPK-Bioanalytical (BioRA0002)
Circle Pharma is an emerging biotech company discovering and developing macrocycle therapeutics targeting important intracellular protein-protein interactions. Our novel, intrinsically cell-permeable macrocycles provide a unique opportunity to address these “undruggable” targets. Our first targets are in molecularly defined cancers, with future expansion to other therapeutic areas.
We are a tightly integrated team of synthetic and computational medicinal chemists and pre-clinical biologists. Our discovery platform includes structure based design, integrating target affinity, cell permeability and medicinal chemistry, and automated macrocycle synthesis. We have open positions for candidates who want to make key contributions to a small, exciting startup company and help drive its growth. For more information about Circle Pharma, see our website at www.circlepharma.com.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with a strong background in conducting bioanalytical assays to support drug discovery projects involving in vitro and/or in vivo studies. This individual will be responsible for the execution of bioanalytical assays, sample analysis and reporting results as an integral member of the discovery project team.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must have experience in executing LC-MS/MS based bioanalytical assays for drug candidates. Additionally, they must have demonstrated the ability to perform in vitro DMPK studies such as microsomal stability assays, metabolite identification, PAMPA and cell-based permeability, as well as cell-based efflux assays. Experience working with biological samples, such as blood, plasma, tissue etc. for in vivo DMPK studies is also necessary.
- Method development and qualification for assessment of drug candidates using LC-MS/MS and common in vitro DMPK analytical methods.
- Perform sample analysis according to established protocols for analytes of interest in different biological samples, e.g. blood, plasma, tissue etc.
- Conduct biochemical and cell biology assays in support of drug development programs
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Biotechnology with at least 3-5 years of experience in DMPK-bioanalytical work
- Experience with complex biological sample preparation
- Working knowledge of separation science and mass spectrometry
- Experience using LC-MS/MS for quantitative analysis
- Experience working with plasma and microsomal stability assays, PAMPA and cell-based permeability, as well as cell-based efflux assays.
- Self-motivated, independent, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic, high-achieving and cooperative environment where every voice matters
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Mac/PC operating systems
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented and works well in collaborative environments
- Excel at maintaining laboratory records of scientific findings
- Excellent record at maintaining laboratory safety standards
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 20 pounds comfortably
- Experience with relevant mass spectrometry software
- Comfortable in a fast pace environment with the capability of multi-tasking
- Basic knowledge of drug discovery and DMPK/ADME
Circle Pharma is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Circle offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a Resume/CV and cover letter to Cayla McEwen via email at email@example.com please refer to job code BioRA0002 in the subject line. No phone calls please. Direct applicants only.