Scientist, Cellular/Molecular Biology (BioSci0001)
Circle Pharma is an emerging biotech company discovering and developing macrocycle therapeutics targeting important intracellular protein-protein interactions. Our novel, intrinsically cell-permeable macrocycles provide a unique opportunity to address these “undruggable” targets. Our first targets are in molecularly defined cancers, with future expansion to other therapeutic areas.
We are a tightly integrated team of synthetic and computational medicinal chemists and pre-clinical biologists. Our discovery platform includes structure based design, integrating target affinity, cell permeability and medicinal chemistry, and automated macrocycle synthesis. We have open positions for candidates who want to make key contributions to a small, exciting startup company and help drive its growth. For more information about Circle Pharma, see our website at www.circlepharma.com.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Cellular/Molecular Biology Scientist with a strong background in the molecular mechanisms of oncogenesis and cancer maintenance/dependencies as it relates to the discovery of novel therapeutic interventions. This individual will lead molecular and cellular biology research from the bench and be responsible for training and management of laboratory personnel as an integral member of the discovery project team. They will also provide significant input on strategies to accomplish goals of drug discovery projects.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must have a proven record of success as demonstrated by their publication record in relevant peer reviewed journals. Additionally, they must have a comprehensive knowledge of mechanism of action of targeted therapeutics, immune-oncology modulators and chemotherapeutic drugs in oncology. Experience in establishing biochemical and cell-based assays to support pre-clinical and translational drug discovery efforts to sustain a robust and diverse pipeline is also required.
- Collaboratively design and execute a variety of molecular and cell biology experiments
- Develop and validate diverse cell-based mechanistic and functional assays to evaluate biological effects of drug candidates
- Perform assays to quantitatively measure the on-target and off-target effect of drug candidates using diverse cellular and molecular biology techniques (e.g. quantitative western blotting and higher throughput quantitative technologies, analysis of signaling pathway outputs, FACS, cell cycle analysis, high-content microscopy, etc.)
- Manage and mentor a small, growing team of scientists working across several projects
- Coordinate with CROs and other external collaboration teams
- Culture, maintain and qualify cell lines for assay use
- Ensure that safe laboratory practices are utilized by all team members
- Ph.D. in Cellular and/or Molecular biology
- At least 2 years of laboratory experience in biotech/pharmaceutical company pre-clinical research or at least 3 years of post-doctoral research experience with a relevant original publication record
- Experience with small molecule drug development is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills, applying scientific methods to resolution of critical issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present internally and externally at scientific conferences
- Team-oriented and work well in collaborative environments
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, GraphPad Prism, Spotfire or equivalent analytical software and instrument specific software as required
- Self-motivated, independent, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic, high-achieving and cooperative environment where every voice matters
- Excel at maintaining laboratory record of scientific findings
- Possess an excellent record at maintaining laboratory safety standards
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 20 pounds comfortably
Circle Pharma is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Circle offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a Resume/CV and cover letter to Cayla McEwen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and please refer to job code BioSci0001 in the subject line. No phone calls please. Direct applicants only.