Scientist - Molecular Modeling
Amgen is seeking a computational scientist to join our molecular modeling team at our Thousand Oaks, CA site. As part of interdisciplinary project teams, the successful candidate will apply diverse molecular modeling and design methods toward the advancement of discovery projects, spanning multiple modalities including small molecule, protein, antibody, siRNA and various conjugate molecules.
Doctorate degree or Doctorate degree completed before October 2018
Master's degree and 4 years of experience in computational chemistry or computational biochemistry
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience in computational chemistry or computational biochemistry
- PhD. in Computational Chemistry or computational biochemistry or related fields
- Strong track record of research accomplishment with three or more scientific publications
- Experience in protein structural modeling
- Experience in ligand design or protein engineering
- Experience in programming or scripting
- Experience with one or more molecular modeling suites (MOE, Schrodinger, Rosetta etc.)
- Strong communication skills and enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team environment
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.