Cell Biologist (Full time)
X-Therma Inc. is solving unmet legacy needs in the storage of biological products using convergent biomimetic nanotechnology. This solution can better enable critical biomanufacture processes, safer transport and long-term biobanking for advanced cell therapies, in vitro fertilization, organ transplants, and other rapidly growing regenerative medicine areas.
We aim to be the first company to create true organ banking technology.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual who will excel in the dynamic environment of an early-stage startup company and enjoys working on big projects and taking on new scientific challenges. The candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of cells in culture and validation of the company product. An ability to work independently to achieve company goals and the capability of working on more than one project simultaneously is expected. This role demands a highly goal-driven approach and the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- The cell biologist will demonstrate skills with culture, expansion, preservation, and analysis of mammalian cell lines.
- Perform cell-based assays (immunofluorescence, viability/cytotoxicity assays, flow cytometry, etc.), and analysis of collected data.
- Work closely with biologists and engineers.
- Plan basic experiments and perform primary analysis of data to enable interpretation of experiments.
- Oversee aspects of cell culture, preparation of culture reagents, culture room upkeep and restocking, cell sourcing, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in doing your best as your team pushes to make the impossible a reality.
- Must take initiative to improve standard processes, develop innovative scientific methodologies and approaches to enhance research productivity.
- Position is available immediately.
-M.S. (2+ year) in Biology, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Cryobiology or a related discipline.
-Department of Defense SBIR has hiring regulations: please U.S. Permanent Residents and Citizens only.
-Responses to after hour contact during critical times is expected as a professional.
-A proactive attitude is required in the small team environment.
-Monthly reporting requirements and follow through on deadlines.
-Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
-Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, accountable and effectively handle multiple tasks.
-Able to work in a small team research environment with many moving components and projects.
-Compliance with all EHS regulations at an exceptional level.
-Primary analysis of data to enable interpretation of experiments.
-Demonstrated research ability in biology/cell culture/primary cell work.
-Strong understanding and execution of basic mammalian cell biology culture methods and analytic tools.
-3+ years of experience with human cell maintenance, including primary cells and cell lines.
-Specific experience with dendritic cells and T-cells.
-Experience with flow cytometry methods, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, automated high-throughput imaging, mammalian cell culture management, and expert familiarity with experimental design.
- SOP development and sterile technique.
- Broad knowledge of cryopreservation and/or cryobiology
- Work with tissue
- Work with lentivirus or other viruses used in vaccination
- Broad knowledge of regenerative medicine field
- Instrument maintenance and purchases
- Research to Market experience