Project Information Manager
The Project Information Manager has primary responsibility for data analysis on Project Management and AbbVie operational data, aligning analyses with key business processes and creating cross-functional alignment between business process and analytic insights. Actual job grade will be determined based upon candidates experience.
PPMO Managed Business Process:
- Uses knowledge of pharmaceutical industry data, advanced analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills to resolve business problems efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for developing, managing and communicating analytics performance reports and dashboards, monitoring and communicating key performance metrics and providing ad-hoc analyses to Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents in R&D.
- Ensures organizational data are translated into actionable information that is easily understood. Identifies areas of performance improvement based on trend report analyses and suggests actions to achieve improved results.
- Provides appropriate training and education within affected functions within R&D. Utilizes and implements tools to identify novel solutions for metrics collection, data analysis, and process improvement.
PPMO Managed Business Process:
- Primary support of LBE, Budget, and Portfolio Management Processes for functions and project managers.
- Provide Project information, reporting, and tracking to support planning cycles, including oversight of ad-hoc and routine requests.
- Manage activities to ensure functions have the right tools and reports for accurate estimation.
- Propose and lead cross-functional projects by creating alignment between R&D team members (Managers and Directors as appropriate) and harmonizing on goals and tasks.
- Estimate and manage requirements to achieve defined objectives. Execute against defined objectives/plans and keep cross-functional management informed of progress and achieved milestones.
- Expedite and coordinate a multitude of interrelated and cross-functional activities.
- Establish project plans, recommend and coordinate resources, and monitor milestone completion.
- Build and drive team/function relationships, strategy development and plan execution.
- Anticipate and lead issue resolution.
- Develop recommendations for the Project Management Function and consult with clients.
- Improve efficiencies of creation of standardized reports.
- Optimize collection and maintenance of reporting information while ensuring data quality.
- Provide oversight to the report generation and publication process, troubleshooting as needed.
- Provide general administration for the creation and distribution of standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Monitor and ensure accurate and consistent planning, forecasting and documentation of project related information.
- Continue to improve training, interpretation and guidance on new processes and system functionality to support the project planning, budgeting and resource management system.
- Develop and provide advanced training courses, presentations and interpretation / guidance to support process / systems and foster best practices. Serve as process / system subject matter expert.
- Builds, manages and maintains relationships internally and externally to gain buy-in and maximize results.
- Ensures the timely flow of communication and continually updates Managers and Directors within R&D regarding project(s).
- Successfully negotiates optimal solutions with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Serves as local expert for business procedures with experience on identifying and raising issues, as well as recommending solutions to the broad community.
- Carefully balances department risk versus benefit, and the ability to recommend strategies for remediation of potential gaps, often under a number of constraints.
- Elevates key findings directly or through team to Senior / Executive Management.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in a technical, scientific or project management related discipline and 6+ years professional work experience, preferably in project management, system based processes, or the pharmaceutical or biotech industry; or Masters degree with 4+ years of work experience; or Doctorate degree with 2+ years of work experience in same disciplines.
- Exceptional proficiency in quantitative analytics, and optimization algorithms.
- Accreditation in a project management or process improvement discipline highly preferred (e.g. Project Management Professional, LEAN Six Sigma, etc.).
- 2+ years Project Management experience, including leadership of a cross-functional team required. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of project management principles.
- Ability to work independently and represent sound strategies is required.
- Must have clear leadership skills that minimally include: strong written and effective interpersonal communication; capability to clearly present, influence, and logically justify proposals; sound judgment; negotiation and conflict management; effective communication across cultures and disciplines; relationship building and fostering teamwork; and training experience.
- Job requires knowledge of the drug development process.
- Cross-functional and global project team leadership experience preferred.
- Proficient in the tools and techniques of Project Management and /or Business Excellence.
- Proficient technology skills (e.g., MS Office software, MS Project, Qlikview, Spotfire, etc.) required.