Associate-Search & Evaluation-Oncology
Do you have a basic knowledge of pharmaceutical business and drug development process? Do you have an awareness of industry trends and new areas of scientific development? Are you excited about new innovation within the biopharmaceutical industry? The Search & Evaluation function within the Oncology TA is looking for someone who is passionate about seeking out and establishing external networks to support identification and evaluation of new business opportunities. Our team seek out and evaluate commercially viable early and late stage assets for potential in-licensing and partnering activities, and seek to generate additional value from internal Lilly assets via out-partnering and novel financing models in disease areas of high-unmet medical need. Strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills are needed attributes for this role.
Some responsibilities in this role are:
- Support leading the identification, evaluation and tracking of opportunities of interest, and maintain accurate records of activity through use of in-house caseload management information systems
- Contribute and facilitate to the development and maintenance of an extensive external network with the objective to identify, improve and maintain Lilly’s potential for productive business relationships with external companies and explore potential collaborative opportunities in alignment with the Oncology TA strategic priorities.
- Support and contribute to the execution of the external innovation strategy by working closely with all members of the Oncology Search & Evaluation team
- Maintain a strong communication network with colleagues working in the Oncology Business Unit, Search and Evaluation roles in other TAs and colleagues supporting External Innovation in Discovery Operations and Corporate Business Development (CBD).
- Participate in relationship building to support and enhance the company profile as a potential partner of choice
Other responsibilities of the role will be:
- Contribute to the initial assessment of opportunities, applying knowledge of drug discovery and development to prioritize and triage
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of strong internal networks within Lilly
- Work with stakeholders across Lilly as necessary to support the progress of deals
- Record all relevant information into Search & Evaluation caseload management information systems
- Provide clear reports and information, updated on a regular basis, to monitor activity and progress against objectives
- Maintaining formal contact channels with potential partners in ongoing licensing projects
- Identifying and developing contacts and relationships with new potential partners
- Support Lilly’s visibility at regional conferences and partnering meetings
- Maintaining an awareness of new and planned developments (e.g. new sources of innovation funding; strategic initiatives in new areas of healthcare etc) that could deliver new collaboration opportunities
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific discipline related to the life science and/or pharmaceutical industry (Biology, Biochemistry, etc)
- 1 to 4 years experience in life sciences
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Understanding of drug discovery, drug development and pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate clearly and succinctly to all levels within the organization; able to establish and maintain credibility within Lilly and with external partners
- Prior experience in Life Science/ Pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Prior experience in business development/ search & evaluate role preferred
- Master’s degree in life sciences preferred
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Strong database and computer skills
- Preference in Oncology